In order to receive a business license from the City Clerk’s office, the business must show proof they have┬áreceived a Certificate of Occupancy from the Code Enforcement Officer.┬áIf it is a food-related business, the business also must show proof they have filed the necessary paperwork with the State of Maine.

For a list of businesses that need a license from the City Clerk’s office to operate within the City of Brewer, please refer to the Business License Application.

If you are not sure that you need to obtain a license from the City Clerk, please call the Clerk’s office at 989.7050 to be certain.