Getting a Brewer Public Library card is free to all Brewer residents, Brewer business owners, Brewer school students, and senior citizens that live within 25 miles of Brewer.
To get a library card:
- Visit the circulation desk.
- Bring a photo ID with your current address OR a photo ID along with proof of address
- Tell us you would like a library card. It really is that easy!
All those wishing to sign up for a library card must be present to sign up (ie. parents must bring their child in order to sign the child up for a library card). Minors under the age of fourteen (14) must have a parent or legal guardian present to sign up for a library card, or must return a guardian permission slip to the circulation desk in order to maintain their library card.
If you do not live in Brewer but would like to use the Library to check out materials, you can also get a library card for the minimal fee of $25.00 per family for one year. To apply for a library card, follow the steps listed above.
All new patrons will be limited to three (3) items checked out at any given time. After a three-month period with a clean record, all limits on the card will be removed. We cannot process interlibrary loans during these first three months.
You must present your library card at the circulation desk to borrow materials. Other borrowers may not use your library card.
- Library books and audio materials may be checked out for three (3) weeks.
- DVD’s and magazines may be checked out for one (1) week.
- Items can be renewed once, provided there are no holds on the items.
- There is a one hundred (100) item limit on the books a patron may borrow at one time.
- There is a six (6) item limit on audio visual materials per family.
- There is a three (3) item limit on new items.
- Overdue fees are $.10 per day per book, audio or magazine.
- Overdue fees are $.50 per day per DVD.
- If you renew an item which is already overdue, a late fine may still be assessed to you.
- If you accumulate $10.00 in fines and fees on your card, or items are overdue, your library account will be frozen until you bring your account back to current.
Renewing your materials:
Patrons are welcome to renew their items as long as no other patron has requested them. Items may be renewed in a number of ways.
- 1. In person, at the circulation desk.
- 2. Online, through the
- . Log in by using your barcode number (on your library card) as the username and your last name for the password.
- 3. By phone– call 207.989.7943, 24 hours a day.
From the online catalog, you may also access your library record to place holds and view your library history.
If the Brewer Public Library does not have a specific item you need, don’t worry! Let us know the item information, and we will request it from another library. (This service is not available to new patrons until a three-month clean record is completed.) Library staff will notify you by phone or e-mail when the item is available.
Read ~ Connect ~ Discover