Getting a Brewer Public Library card is free to all Brewer residents, Brewer business owners, Brewer school students and senior citizens that live within 25 miles of Brewer.
To get a library card:
- Visit the circulation desk.
- Photo ID with current address or Photo ID with proof of address
- Tell us you would like a library card. It really is that easy!
If you do not live in Brewer but would like to use our library to check out materials, you can also get a library card for the minimal fee of $25 per family for one year. To apply for a library card, follow the steps listed above.
New Patrons will be issued a probationary card. These cards are limited to 3 items checked out at any given time. After the 3 month period all restrictions on the card are removed if the patron is in good standing. (no overdues or fines). We will not process inter-library loans for probationary patrons.
You must present your library card at the circulation desk to borrow materials.
- Library books and audio materials may be checked out for three weeks.
- DVD’s and magazines may be checked out for 1 week.
- Items can be renewed if no one is waiting for them.
- There is no limit on the number of books a patron may borrow at one time.
- There is a 6 item limit on audio visual materials per family.
- There is a 3 item limit on new items.
- The overdue fee is .10 per day per book, audio or magazine.
- The overdue fee is .50 per day per movie.
- If you renew an item which is already overdue, a late fine may be assessed to you.
- If you accumulate $10 in fines and fees on your card or items are overdue, your library privileges will be revoked until you bring your account back to current.
Renewing your materials:
Our patrons are welcome to renew their items as long as no one else has requested them. Items may be renewed in a number of ways.
1. In person, at the circulation desk.
2. Go online, through the catalog. Log in by using your barcode number on the library card as the access ID and use your last name for the password.
3. By phone, call 207.989.7943, 24 hours a day.
You can also access your library record through the online catalog by inputting your library card barcode number as the access ID, and last name as your password. From this window you can place holds, renew items and view your library history.
If the Brewer Public Library does not have a specific item you need, let us know, and we will request it through an interlibrary loan. Library staff will notify you when the item is available.